I suggest you ...

Allow pasting images from the clipboard

Allow pasting an image directly from the clipboard. (On mac, ctrl+command+shift+4). Other chat systems do this by catching that the paste is an image and dropping it into a file upload dialog.

354 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian JohnsonBrian Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The fact that this doesn't work on the Mac App is ridiculous. It works in the chrome app, but I use this feature so much on Hangouts / Jabber that I will not be migrating to this.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

How is this not a feature? This is ridiculous.

• Nicole WagnerNicole Wagner commented  · 

It's pretty ridiculous that this still doesn't work. This is a deal breaker for me - looking forward to trying Slack.

• Kyle LeinenKyle Leinen commented  · 

Does this not work on Mac? I tried this on Linux and Windows7 and pasting an image from the clipboard right into a flow worked without issue. I think this request may need to be removed from the list as "already implemented"

• XepeXepe commented  · 

We need it !

• Odd-Wiking RahlffOdd-Wiking Rahlff commented  · 

This is a surprising lack of simple and very useful functionality. I hate to get interrupted by having to save temporary screenshots or other images first before sharing them in a flow. Please make this happen!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Super disappointed that this functionality still hasn't been added to the OSX flowdock app :(

• Tim AndrewsTim Andrews commented  · 

We are currently looking at the possibility of moving from Slack to Flowdock. Support for this was the first test I did when looking at Flowdock as it is something we use all the time in Slack. I was very pleased to see it worked (in Chrome) but am now incredibly disappointed to find out that it doesn't work in the native Flowdock OSX client. So much so that we won't be able to move until this feature is supported (unless we don't use the native app which would be a pain).

• Bernie TianoBernie Tiano commented  · 

Moving from Slack to Flowdock, this has been the biggest pain. Screenshots to clipboard (OS X) and not being able to paste them into Flowdock is just silly. Get with it!

• Marcus BergmanMarcus Bergman commented  · 

+1 Yes, this feature would be great to have in the native OSX client. I did not even know it worked in the web client.

• Duncan ChungDuncan Chung commented  · 

Chrome support looks ok. Would be great to see Firefox support.

• Pavneet Singh SaundPavneet Singh Saund commented  · 

This works fine as long as it is on Chrome on MAC / Windows, but not in the native OSX client. Would be great to get it working there as well

• JustinJustin commented  · 

All. the. time.

• Trevor RosenTrevor Rosen commented  · 

+1 this would be huge for us - we are in bake-off for Slack vs FlowDock

• ZackZack commented  · 

+3 to this, I'm scoping out FlowDock as an alternative for my teams that are currently using HipChat. Love FlowDock so far except for this key feature! (we use screenshot pasting all the time in HipChat.)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can do this today from a Chrome browser on a Mac

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please please add this. Both Slack & HipChat do this very well.

• Marius ScheelMarius Scheel commented  · 

this is super helpful, as it's way faster to share screenshots .. and your desktop stays clean (:

Feedback and Knowledge Base