I suggest you ...

Collapse/expand threads

Some threads in a flow get very lengthy and I might not be interested in them. There could be a way to collapse/expand a thread.

For example, set height of every message in the thread to ~3px, showing just the thread color, not any content. On click any message of that color, all messages of that thread expand.

Also notifications for a collapsed thread would be muted. This feature would be useful to help me focus on new threads or other concurrent threads.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andre MedeirosAndre Medeiros shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  · 

Love this idea, and Thomas' update about a way to flag unread messages within a collapsed thread!!!

• Thomas KonertThomas Konert commented  · 

I would like to see an indication if there are new unread entries within a collapsed thread.

• Sandeep AdiSandeep Adi commented  · 

I am all for the ability to collapse a thread, especially when there are too many conversations and that too with GIFs especially!

• MarioMario commented  · 

What if command + T shows a little popup with all the threads subjects ;)

[ Search box ]
        - Red alert 12/march... (+1000 replies)
        - Hey guys I want to ask…. (5 replies)
        - Standup… (10 replies)"

• Jyri-Matti LähteenmäkiJyri-Matti Lähteenmäki commented  · 

I had high expectations of the threaded chat, but the current implementation does not let me ignore uninteresting discussions :(

It can be made an optional feature, enabled in the preferences, so it wouldn't bother existing users. Excluding the notification muting, it would be nice to see this implemented asap...?

Should be trivial to implement (right?), since I can already hack similar behavior with something like
        $('li.message:has(.thread.pink)').css('padding', '1px').find('.content').hide().parent().find('.message-author').hide().parent().find('svg').hide();

Feedback and Knowledge Base