I suggest you ...

Avatar to the left of each message in Chat

Similar to other chat message systems, include the user's avatar on the first line of each chat message. Obviously this should not be passed to anyone using an IRC client with flowdock. When in flows with several users talking rapidly, it's hard for the eye to keep track without the avatars.

334 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cheyenne BryantCheyenne Bryant shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan HinkleJonathan Hinkle commented  · 

My team has a Jennifer and a Jenniffer and at a glance it's easy to miss which of them is talking. Avatars would mitigate that difficulty.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It already exists in the conversation threads. Why not just adding it to the normal chat? Would be a quick task.

• MikeMike commented  · 

need it yesterday. Please make it happen. Thank you.

• mastermarsmastermars commented  · 

Have to agree, would be really helpful.

• reconrecon commented  · 

Totally would like to see that as an option! :)

• Mark  CatalanoMark Catalano commented  · 

It'd be great to be able to have this as a preference. Some folks like avatars some folks like to just see names.

• Jeremias YlirotuJeremias Ylirotu commented  · 

I would really love to see this functionality implemented. Also, allowing spaces in usernames would be awesome, with a 100+ people in we have had to resort to firstname.lastname naming policy just to make sense of who is who (plenty of Mikkos and Villes here...). Would be so much better to have Firstname Lastname with the avatar.

• Mike ArvelaMike Arvela commented  · 

This is definitely an issue in larger chats, for example we as a company have tens (if not hundreds) of people called Mikko.

Feedback and Knowledge Base