I suggest you ...

Retroactively change a post in the flow to a reply.

If you forget to make your comment a reply then you can change it after you have sent it.

1,574 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex SouthwellAlex Southwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Odd-Wiking RahlffOdd-Wiking Rahlff commented  · 

Excuse me, but after 4,5 years (1.560 days to be exact) is it not about time to actually implement the highest voted suggestion from your customers?

• Chris BChris B commented  · 

Completely agree with this request! It is extremely easy to accidentally type in the main flow rather than in the thread. A chance to fix the mistake would be great. Any progress to report? Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm evaluating messaging products for our organization. I've always found the flat/interleaved interface of IRC to be unintuitive for most folks, so I'm enthusiastic about threaded chat, not even Slack has that (yet).

I signed up to evaluate Flowdock, and this issue was the first very obvious shortcoming. It's far too easy to start a new thread, when you actually mean to reply. The way the UI is set up, you're actually *encouraged* to. It's a clear failure in the design, with easily predictable consequences, including users getting angry with each other, but also a fairly simple solution. Just don't make a big text input box at the bottom of the main screen that defaults to creating a new thread! Don't make creating a new thread easier than creating a reply. Require people to either click "reply", or click a button that says "create new thread". This has been suggested several times in previous comments.

The ability to move comments between threads as requested here would be great, and necessary, but the reason it's so high on everyone's list is as a solution to the main problem, that people constantly start new threads by accident. It's like you've built a machine that leaks oil all over the floor, and you're taking years and years to create a complex solution to clean the floor, instead of simply fixing the leak!

Flowdock has a lot of great qualities, but unfortunately, a dysfunctional threading interface is worse than no threading at all. And with four years without addressing what seems to be clearly the number one complaint, I'm crossing it off my list of contenders. Thought you should know.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Needed! Can you do it using drag & drop? Drag the message onto another one and it then associate itself to the other's message thread.

• Bill HoagBill Hoag commented  · 

It's been years since this was suggested and well over a year since becoming planned. It's a real pain dealing with mis-threaded messages. Please get this feature out in beta. Your competitors won't wait for you...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I think it's been said elsewhere, but users (or at least certain users?) should be able to change other users' posts to replies.

• NinaNina commented  · 

Yes, please add this possibility!

• KirkKirk commented  · 

This is so crucial. I have stopped using reply because in reality some posts will be posted quickly and not linked to the thread. Then it makes no sense to have only partial conversation in the thread. It should also be possible to link someone else's post into the thread for them.

• Richard ERichard E commented  · 

This is a must have, can we get a target date please! :-)

• Frode EgelandFrode Egeland commented  · 

Would be great if we could just drag our own 'misplaced' posts onto a thread to make it part of that thread..

• Hannu KokkoHannu Kokko commented  · 

is anybody working on this... This has been the most requested feature within our flows of 200+ users for several years already. It seems that there is no visible progress on this.

• NateNate commented  · 

I also would like this feature. Makes managing conversations much easier.

• KirkKirk commented  · 

Would like to add noise to show support for prioritizing this feature

• Richard NicholsonRichard Nicholson commented  · 

Yes please, this would definitely be useful given the number of times I've made this mistake!

• ArthurArthur commented  · 

Can we please have an update? The latest response was over a year ago. Thanks.

• Marcus BergmanMarcus Bergman commented  · 

Great to hear that you are finally working on this feature. Will be so nice to have =-D

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometimes I accidentally don't reply to a thread.
        I'd like to be able to attach my comment to a thread, 90% benefit to be able to attach to the latest thread above my comment, 100% benefit to attach to a recent thread.

Other people don't know about threads and reply outside a thread. I'd like to be able to reply (to their non threaded reply) in the original thread. For example, I could do a threaded reply and then drag and drop my reply into the original thread which would pull in the other comment as a ghost comment or something.
        Alternatively, I'd be very happy to be able to pull non threaded comments of others into a thread (maybe they could be notified to educate them). And I'd be perfectly OK if someone pulled my non threaded comment into a thread.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base