I suggest you ...

Add voice Chat

Allow to make a group call with everyone on the Flow. Although we love the concept of having an instant view and search of the flow history we fell that having voice chat would be great for us as an Agile development team. We currently have skype and flowdock simultaneosly which is a mess. We also feel this would reduce the "noise" on the flow as only key parts should be written/summarized in the flow.

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Matti Parviainen responded  · 

We don’t have any short-term plans to add support for voice chat. But in the meantime, you can start a Google Hangout with everyone in a flow with the /hangout command. Another cool voice & video call app is Room.co, accessible via /room — without any registration!

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick Cogley commented  · 

I agree with better integration, but, I believe voice and video chat are band-width hungry services which may be better suited to large companies like Microsoft and Google. Let me have lots of options instead.

What would be killer is the ability to set up a temporary chat in Flowdock with clients, and somehow integrate with whatever service they are comfortable with.

• dh Lee commented  · 

I (our team) shared this pain point. So we decided to build a simple solution until voice chat is natively supported on Flowdock and other chat apps. (No login. No pin code. No username.)

Check out http://voicechatapi.com It's a free open-source audio conferencing app built using the Plivo API/WebRTC/Flash. It's exposed via an API which lets you integrate with various web apps out there.

For instance, I wrote the Hubot plugin which can be integrated with Flowdock easily. You can create your own "disposable" conference room with a single line of command. (https://github.com/dhfromkorea/hubot-scripts/blob/master/src/scripts/voicechat.coffee/)

• Ben commented  · 

This would transform this service for us.

• Lucas Campbell commented  · 

I don't know if the infrastructure could support VoIP directly through flowdock but there may be scalable infrastructure you could tie-in like twilio. I will say this, if you guys crack this one, you may end up putting Skype, and Webex out of business.

• Blake Barnett commented  · 

Agreed, this is the only thing keeping us from replacing Skype.

• Shaun Collins commented  · 

Without voice chat, I cannot recommend moving to this platform/service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base