I suggest you ...

add support for custom group @mentions in chat

Much like @everyone, there should be a way to define custom groups of users who can be mentioned at once by evoking e.g. @devteam, @admins etc. Groups may overlap (that is, a given user may be member in 0..* groups).

1,488 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tamas shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  · 

Do you have a target date for this? we just discussed this problem and are thinking of alternatives due to this feature night being there.

• Josh commented  · 

Exciting! 5 years

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very useful for some inbox notifications where we need to notify a rotating support engineer from the Inbox. We don't want to update the email address on the integration side as it is used all over the place. If we could send to flowname.oncall@myorg.flowdock.com and have @oncall map to one or multiple users and have them be able to receive notifications as if they had been tagged (unfortunately @team doesn't notify), it would be awesome!

• Andrew commented  · 

It seems ever since Flowdock sold out that we aren't getting any updates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Groups is essential and please make it as open as you can - users should be able self manage groups they belong to, be assigned to a group by an admin, there should be the concept of public and private groups as well to allow fixed groups to be created centrally - without the option of personal opt out!!! i.e. cover all bases.

We will need organisational groups to enforce membership - this can then replace group emails for information sharing

• Vannessa commented  · 

I would like this feature.

• bingjingking commented  · 

open since 2011?
        wow, this is going to soon kill flowdock

• Nick Pratt commented  · 

I requested this feature via support - this is exactly what we are looking for. Define the groups per flow/channel.

• Karvari Ellingson commented  · 

and/or/... how about being able to pull more than one person into a quick chat without having to create an entirely separate flow? Sometimes I just need to let Ann, Mary, and Bob know I set up a meeting with Jane at 4 about that thing we maybe don't need to announce to the entire team right now... Setting up a temporary flow for that is super annoying - and so is copying and pasting the same message 3 times. Seems like a similar problem - but I would like far less constraints on it than having to set up a separate group every time... unless you can really speed up the group setting up process to clicking a button, and a couple of names.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems like FlowDock is not active anymore, planned 3 years ago for top request feature. Too bad.

• Simon Cockayne commented  · 

I like this idea. Do you still have plans to add this? Any timeframe?

• Satish commented  · 

wow. its been two years and you're still having plans?
        this is a must have feature.

• Randy commented  · 

PLEASE add this functionality ASAP. For years now this has been one of the top suggestions, and for years we've been told this is planned functionality. Please make good on your plans...

• ollie bradley commented  · 

How many years does it take to get a basic feature? Time will tell. A good start would be to be able to use @room_name.

• Olof Bjarnason commented  · 

Woha. This uservoice suggestion was first added 2012, and two different Flowdock admins have responded 2012 and 2013 respectively. It is now 2016, and the feature is still not available. Is Flowdock dying?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice if other flows could act as the groups. For example, if I have a UX Team flow, and there's a conversation in the main product flow, I would like to be able to mention the UX Team flow as a group (@ux-team) and anyone that is part of the "team" in that flow would be notified.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be so great for our team. We have tons of flows to manage our product, and when I want to ping a particular team or squad in the company it's really frustrating to have to type out all of their names.
        If a marketing problem comes up in our Customer Support flow I want to be able to do @MarketingTeam rather than @Jon @Jane @Bill @Anne

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base